Wednesday, June 24, 2009

DELETE


It pains me to tell you that I accidentally deleted the video of the "groovin grannies". I almost cried. Ok, well I did tear up because all I could think of was all the money we would never see because it would never be posted to YouTube or seen on AFV. So the above image will have to suffice. Just imagine Elvis singing "You Ain't Nothin But A Hound Dog" in the background, and the three of them reminiscing about their younger years.
Our garden is now full of treasures. Those of you who are local are sure to get some. It is full of things that only I will eat. I still can't get over how big the sunflowers are. It really has been a lot of fun to see the kids watch it grow. It really is an amazing thing to see God's creation at work. Some of the tomatoes are now turning red. The tomato plant in the picture has about 30 tomatoes on it. We have also now picked two peppers and four zucchini. AWESOME!!!!


I haven't been blogging much. By this you could assume that I found something to fill my free time. Honest truth is - I let my kids stay up until almost 10 every night. It is so fun to play outside with them until dark! By the time I get them in bed, I have lost all motivation. I have been catching up on every TV show I missed for the past 10 months. I have enjoyed it, but it's getting old. None of them seem to compare to LOST, and I know I have better things to do with my time. I also loathe reality TV. So, what's a girl to do? Something productive, I suppose.


Back to our treasures...these are the blackberries that are also growing. I hope they are sweet, but I'm not sure we have had enough rain. By the way, I am actually going on vacation next week...at my house, but it's vacation none the less. I'm so excited to spend dawn to desk with my babies (who aren't so little anymore).
I'm not making any promises, but will try to keep you up on all the fun.


I have nothing profound to say. But, I will leave you with one more photo of me in my graduation get up. Yeah, I'm proud. No comments from the peanut gallery (yeah, that means you Nic). I know it took a long time, but at least I finished! Hopefully, the next one won't take quite so long.

1 comment:

ndfugate said...

who better to lead the peanut gallery than a former peanut farmer.

I wish i could say the same about my garden (if that's what you want to call to bucketed tomato plants, a jalepeno and a couple squash vines), i think they got too much water when they were young and it stunted their growth, but o well. I have got 1 squash and 2 tomatoes out of them, and i have nursed the pepper back from its near death experience (it told me there was a light at the end of the tunnel).