Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Signs of the Times

Well, it has been a month since I've written anything. I still haven't finished posting about Christmas and the New Year, Valentine's Day and Mardi Gras have all passed and before I know it St. Patrick's Day will be upon us.
So, here's a short briefing of life (for those of you that care) and for those of you just being plain nosey, you'll just have to wait for the juice! ;)
We had a great new year in Richlands with Matt and April Quesenberry and their children Luke and Anna. I have known April since my first semester of college. She is actually the reason I came back to Lee after my first semester. It has been wonderful to walk through different seasons of life together, and it is most fun to be able to watch our children play together.
Both kids are doing great in school. Belle is reading up a storm. Ashton is talking up a storm. Both of them are so precious, smart and beautiful. Yes, I am their mom. I am biased, but every word I just said was true. Belle had a "penguin program" in January - so cute! They both had fun Valentine's parties at school.
We have had flooding issues in our house that we are still trying to get fixed after more than a month has passed. I am almost finished with my internship. It has been a lot of fun. They have taken really good care of me, and I truly appreciate the relationships that I have been able to build there.
The rough draft of my thesis is due Monday. So, count yourself lucky that I took time to even write something. Three months until graduation and counting!
March will prove to be no less busy, I'm sure. The kids will have fun school activities and field trips. I will be working on the final draft of my thesis - along with the thousand other things that I do. I will thank God with every breath and continue to count the days to May 30th.
Lately, this blog has been a place just to keep you up on our life and to show you some pictures here and there. I'm sure that I will have some stuff to share later on, but for now I have enough writing to do. So, I hope you will understand. If you really need to read something from me, I'll forward you an exerpt of one of my papers.

See you in the funny papers!

1 comment:

ndfugate said...

please send me a copy of the NT paper that took three years, I am sure that anything that took that long to write has to be good