Monday, January 26, 2009

Reply Requested...and Granted


Well, I think these last few posts will be short and sweet to get us caught up to the new year. I think the pictures and the videos will say a lot.
This is a picture of the kids at the Cleveland Post Office. They set up this nifty little box where kids of all ages can drop off their letters to Santa. Both of my kids wrote their letters. This year, Belle was actually able to write it all herself. She did have to have some help with spelling, but overall she knew how to do it herself and was proud to let us know! The nice thing about this specific box is this - if you write your return address on the outside of the envelope, you actually get a letter back from Santa (with a lovely coloring page too). At the end of the holiday season, the Cleveland post office actually sends the original letter that the child writes back to the parent. Someone in the post office is certainly thoughtful and thinking of all of our scrapbooking pleasures. The kids received their letters back on a very cold Sunday. They were very excited that Santa thought enough of them to write them back.
So, for those of you who don't do "Santa" with your kids...PLEASE, don't ruin it for mine. These years go by so fast. I love to see the excitement on their little faces. Besides, I've decided that I'm like the guy from Polar Express - I may be 35, but I still hear the bell ring. Hopefully when my kids are 35, they will still hear the bell too!

No comments: